Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Willam Harvey's Shoah tale - Weighed 72 lbs at 20-yrs-old when liberated - Survived the Auschwitz and Buchenwald "death" camps









William is a jew from what's now the Czek Republic.

When William was 12 years old, he says he heard a chilling broadcast on the radio. "I heard Hitler speak on the radio to the world, and he said: ’I’m going to kill every Jew in the world."

William survived stints at the Auschwitz "extermination" camp as well as the Buchenwald "death" camp.

He says he weighed just 72 pounds when he was liberated by American troops in the spring of 1945.





Article: "Holocaust survivor shares his story"





Note: use http://www.archive.org/ to find article if original link no longer works

2 comments:

  1. I heard Mr. Harvey speak today and the terrible things he went through touched my heart. I have much respect for Mr. Harvey and just want to hug him and cry. Losing his family and being tortured ripped my heart. I thank God he lived and is able to share his story. He never gave up hope. God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article sucks, just saying its very bad , and doesn't describe or explain anything... sorry but do better in life please for the next generation

    ReplyDelete