Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bernard Mayer's tale - He and 44 other jews survived Holyhoax by hiding in 10ft x 30ft bunker for 18 months









Bernard says he was taken to a Nazi forced labor camp in Drohobycz, Ukraine when he was 14 years old.

He and other jews didn't like working in the labor camp, so they decided to build a bunker underneath a house.

It was a 10-foot-by-30-foot space dug into the earth. He says himself and 44 other jews hid there for 18 months, escaping detection from the Nazis.

Bernard has a book on his tale called "My True Story: How Forty-Five Jews Lived Underground and Survived the Holocaust."

To make sure you know this is a "true" story, it says so in the title.

Mayer has given away 5,000 copies of his book to schools all over the southeastern United States.




Article: "Holocaust survivor, author distributes free copies of his book to schools"





Note: use http://www.archive.org/ to find article if original link no longer works

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. F you this book was amazing!!

      Delete
  2. suck my dick nazi son of a bicth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never previously read about bunkers under houses during WWII until I read this book. I am thankful that I did not have to survive anything like this. I liked reading about what a teenager went through and tried to think about how I would feel and even if I could have survived. I really liked this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the person in my class is the grand daugther of th e man who wrote this book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this book!!When we met him at Homestead High School....his speech was so sad but I'm 35 yrs old and still have his book!! Great true story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Loved This Book!!! I Got To Meet Him Today.

    ReplyDelete